I love to cook, but come 6 or 7 PM after a long work day, you better believe I want quick and easy. I’m hungry and want to sit on my couch with my dog, which is why I come up with meals, like this one, that require very few ingredients and time in the kitchen.
What makes this go even faster is the little bit of meal prep I try to do over the weekend, such as precooking the quinoa, sautéing or roasting a big thing of veggies, and baking a bunch of chicken, so all I need to do is whip up the sauce and throw it all together.
But even if you don’t have all of this prepped, this is still an easy dish, and you can save yourself some cook time by just throwing some frozen broccoli into the sauce and even buying frozen, precooked quinoa or rice. I always keep a bag or two frozen broccoli in my freezer.
So here we go…
EASY Chicken Quinoa Curry
- 12-16 oz. chicken breast, cooked and chopped into bite-sized pieces (tofu’s great in this too)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 t sugar
- 1 t corn starch
- 1/2 t salt
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 cups precooked quinoa or rice
- In a large sauté pan over medium-lowish heat combine coconut milk, curry, sugar, corn starch, and salt and whisk to evenly mix.
- Note: You want to mix this while the coconut milk is cold, or else the cornstarch will clump
- Add chicken and, either precooked or frozen veg, and allow to come to a simmer, stirring every minute or so.
- Meanwhile, throw the quinoa or rice in the microwave and heat for 3-4 minutes, until hot.
- Once the chicken and vegetables are warmed through, toss the cilantro into the pan, stir, and remove from the heat.
- Throw 1/4 of the rice or quinoa into a bowl and top with 1/4 of the curry chicken sauce and YUM!
This makes great leftovers, which I actually brought for lunch today:)
Gotta love quick and easy.