I’m getting back into my smoothie groove since it’s been getting warmer, and have defaulted to this chocolate banana recipe that I just love. It’s not only delicious, but keeps me full, and checks off at least two servings of fruit and veg in one glass!
The avocado makes this so creamy, while adding in a nice dose of fiber and fat, which is rounded out by the scoop of protein and oats for a beautifully balanced meal. And I promise, you won’t taste the spinach:)
Chocolate Avocado Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup or so of unsweetened almond milk (feel free to use water)
- 1 small banana (I peel mine and break into small chunks and freeze on a plate)
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup dry oats (Gives it a little more staying power)
- 1 heaping scoop chocolate protein powder (I’m a fan of Orgain or Plant Fusion)
- Ice if desired (I skip because of the frozen banana)
Combine all ingredients to a blender and let it get smooth and silky.